Already own Medieval? Visit our Medieval Support page for downloads, rules updates, and / or to contact us about any questions or feedback you have.
We love hearing from you!
Get Medieval on Game Night
Wage war, unleash the plague, excommunicate the unworthy, and drive back the Mongol hordes.
Medieval is a strategy board game designed for 2-6 players and plays in less than two hours.
You are the head of a cabal—bent on controlling provinces, kingdoms, and of the Medieval world through skulduggery and outright conquest.
The object? Spread your influence by controlling regions of Europe, the East, and North Africa—all while driving back the Mongol hordes.
The Conquest & Trickery
Your cabal pulls the strings. Great kingdoms unwittingly do your bidding—their wars, Crusades, and revolts, they’re all part of your plan. But you’re not alone in such dark designs. Other cabals wage shadow wars of their own. And against you. Armies and navies, assassinations and papal schemes, heretics and spies, are all at your disposal. And don't forget disasters. It's not game night without disasters!
Provinces will fall, along with entire kingdoms, as a host of cabals vie for control of the medieval world. But there’s a dark and dusty cloud rolling in from the east—the Mongols. They’ll trample your holdings and leave them in ashes, removing them from the game. The player who survives the onslaughts of rivals and Mongols with the most province victory points wins.
What's in the box?
In addition to hours of raiding, warring, and backstabbing, when you crack open the box you'll find ...
- Two 6-Sided dice
- 75 Wooden playing pieces to mark areas of control
- 130 Cards for powers, plagues, Mongols, and more
- 6 Felt pouches for stashing your cash
- 6 Player aid tiles to help new players and speed up gameplay
- 120 Counters for disasters, heresies, civil wars, and more
- One 32-Page rule book
- One double-sided play chart
- 10 Double-sided map tiles to show which are uncontrolled or overrun by Mongols
- 2'x3' (approx.) Hard-mounted board designed by Beth Sobel
- Handy box insert for quick setup and takedown